Friday, November 6, 2009

My Thanksgiving Prayer

Perhaps it is the Autumn view;
The beauty of the mountain peak.
My eyes are seeing things anew.
My heart is full, I cannot speak.

I feel the need to bow in prayer,
As gratitude envelops me.
Thank you Father for your care.
For all good things that come from thee.

The honey on my bread of wheat.
A hug from loved ones I hold dear.
The warm, clean socks upon my feet.
Good neighbors that are living near.

A crop to harvest, work to do.
The health to rise, the strength to walk.
And bountiful are friendships too.
Whom I can serve; with which to talk.

Again my cup is filled to brim;
With thoughts of family, my treasure.
The little ones into our home,
Bring joy, love, and sweetest pleasure.

For blessing me abundantly,
I offer gratitude thru prayer.
And what I feel most, comes from thee,
Is love for thy children everywhere.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Did you write that mama? Its very good!

Us Egberts said...

Nice....did you write it? Im looking for a nice poem or saying to put in my nut cups for Thanksgiving;o)

Us Egberts said...

sounds just like you...

Us Egberts said...

I love Lindseys blog of James home coming....lucky....Im sure you have loved every minute of him...thnking of you;o)